Webinar Fee $149
November 17, 2020
Join us via Live Webinar
Live Online CME | December 16, 2020
Our live online pharmacology CME is perfect for medical professionals seeking the latest in drug therapy. Join Family Physicians, Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants who have been benefiting from our exceptional pharmacology CME for over 30 years. Our courses feature academic experts with proven clinical skills.
Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy Update in Ambulatory Care: Hypertension, Hypercholesterolemia and Beyond will be streamed live via webinar, offering you access to CE/CME in the location of your choosing.
This webinar provides 3 contact hours (0.3 CEU) of live ACPE and pharmacology CE/ CME credit.
Request a Brochure
Webinar Registration Fee: $149
Webinar registration fee includes workshop attendance, handouts and documentation of continuing education credit*.
University Learning Systems is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. These programs are accredited for pharmacists.
- 3 Contact Hours ACPE UAN 0741-0000-20-022-L01-P, Activity: Knowledge
Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy Update in Ambulatory Care: Hypertension, Hypercholesterolemia and Beyond
3 hours | Wednesday, 12/16/2020
- 1:00 PM – 4:15 PM EST
- 12:00 PM – 3:15 PM CST
- 11:00 AM – 2:15 PM MST
- 10:00 AM – 1:15 PM PST
At the conclusion of this program, the participant will be able to:
- Review medications and lifestyle modifications that are recommended for the treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease.
- Explain recommendations from the 2017 American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association guideline for treatment of patients with hypertension.
- Describe the evidence supporting bedtime dosing of antihypertensive medications.
- Formulate a care plan for patients with resistant hypertension based on the 2018 American Heart Association scientific statement.
- Apply the treatment approaches recommended in the 2018 ACC-AHA cholesterol guideline to patients with hypercholesterolemia.
- Define the evidence and role in therapy of nonstatin medications in the treatment of hypercholesterolemia.
- Examine newer and emerging LDL-C lowering nonstatin medications by describing their mechanism of action, role in therapy, and efficacy.
- Compare and contrast the evidence supporting the use of aspirin in primary prevention patients.
- Examine the evidence-based CV risk reduction benefits of medications used to treat type 2 diabetes.
- Create treatment plans that reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease in patients with hypertension and hypercholesterolemia.
Joseph Saseen, Pharm.D., FASHP, FCCP, BCPS, BCACP
Professor and Vice Chair, Department of Clinical Pharmacy; Professor, Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO.
Dr. Saseen has NO financial arrangements with any corporate organization that might have an interest in the subject being presented.
Zoom Meeting Technical Information
- This webcast will be conducted using Zoom (https://zoom.us)
- Please confirm that the device you will be using to view the Webcast meets the minimum technical requirements. We will not be able to issue refunds due to technical issues experienced due to a poor internet connection or your equipment not meeting the technical requirements.
- The webcast can be viewed on any PC, MAC or mobile device. We highly recommend that you perform an internet connection speed test before viewing the webcast. The following are the minimum required download speeds:
- 3.0 Mbps – recommended Internet speed for Standard Definition (480) streaming.
- 5.0 Mbps – recommended Internet speed for High Definition (1080) streaming.
- Please note that you must watch the webcast live in order to be eligible for credit.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation and receipt of payment.
- Several days before the conference you will receive an email with login details for the webcast.
- At the conclusion of the webinar you must complete a post test and evaluation to receive your credit.
- Credit will be reported to CPE Monitor, CE Broker or by emailed statements of credit depending on state licensure and profession.
Westgate Las Vegas Resort and Casino
3000 Paradise Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Hotel Reservations: Click here to reserve your room online or call 1-800-635-7711 and mention our group code, SGULJ0.
A block of rooms have been reserved for June 9-13, 2020. The discounted room rate will be available until May 10, 2020. Certain room types may be sold out as the conference date approaches.
- Premium Room – $89.00/night
- Reduced Resort Fee – $23.00/night, regularly $34.00/night
Check In Time: 3:00 PM
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM
The above guest room rates and fees do not include state and local taxes, currently at 13.3%, and are subject to change. Room deposit is refundable if reservation is canceled at least 3 days prior to scheduled arrival.
- McCarran International Airport (LAS) is located 3.5 miles from Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino.
- Taxi/Cab stands located outside of the airport.
- Area shuttle services Airline Shuttle, MWTravel Vegas and Bell Trans.
- National rental car agencies located at the airport, use this link for more information.
- Enjoy the convenience of the Las Vegas Monorail with a stop located at the Westgate Las Vegas.
About Las Vegas
From the bright lights of the Strip to the rugged desert, Las Vegas has something for everyone. Where else can you visit a National Park, ride a roller coaster, take in a show and enjoy world class dining all in one day? That’s Las Vegas!
Local Activities and Attractions