Conference as low as $695
Cruise as low as TBD
March 7, 2021
Tampa, FL, Cozumel, Mexico, Puerto Limon, Costa Rica, Panama Canal, Colon, Panama, Cartagena, Colombia, Georgetown, Grand Cayman.
Live CE/CME at Sea | March 8-19, 2021
This program is presented by Continuing Education, Inc with support from University Learning Systems
Set sail for an 11 night Panama Canal Cruise aboard Celebrity Constellation, March 8-19, 2021. During at sea sailings, devote 3 days to learning during this exciting cruise, and have the rest of the time to yourself & all that this cruise has to offer.
This cruise departs from Tampa, FL and includes stops in Cozumel, Mexico, Puerto Limon, Costa Rica, Panama Canal, Colon, Panama, Cartagena, Colombia, and Georgetown, Grand Cayman.
All rates are per person based on double occupancy.
- Contact Continuing Education, Inc for current cabin pricing 1-800-422-0711
- Port charges, taxes, fees $550.30
- Deposit: $450 per person.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation policies vary by cruise line, itinerary and length of cruise. When reserving your stateroom, please review the policy applicable to this cruise with University at Sea staff.
How to Book Your Cruise
Cruise Reservations Contact:
Continuing Education, Inc: 1-800-422-0711or click here.
All conferees, their families, and guests must book their cruise within the Continuing Education, Inc meeting group through University at Sea® at 800-422-0711 or click here to reserve online. This ensures our company can provide conference services and complimentary social amenities to all meeting participants and their guests.
- Cruise departs and returns to Tampa, FL
- Passport required.
- Prices are per person, based on double occupancy, and include all meals/entertainment each evening.
- Refundable deposit of $450 per person, is due at time of booking.
- Rates listed below do not include port charges, government fees and taxes of $550.30
- Travel insurance available for purchase; contact University at Sea. ULS recommends trip cancellation insurance.
- Round-trip transfers are additional.
- Other cabin categories are subject to availability.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists $1095
Physician Assistants & Nurse Practitioners $850
Nurses, Residents, Other $695
21 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
21 ACPE Credits
21.0 Contact Hours
Accreditation: Continuing Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: Continuing Education, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 21 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Each physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Osteopathic Physicians: This program is eligible for Category 2 credit with the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
US or Canadian Family Physicians: Please let us know if you require AAFP Prescribed Credits.
Continuing Education, Inc. is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by Continuing Education, Inc./University at Sea® or ANCC of any commercial products displayed or used with an activity.
Nurse Practitioners: can claim either ANCC Contact Hours or AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM as needed. Pharmacology credits are identified on individual activities.
Continuing Education, Inc./University at Sea ® is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
This activity is approved for a total of 21 contact hours of Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE) credit.
Continuing Education, Inc. has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 14 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
In support of improving patient care, Continuing Education, Inc./University at Sea® is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Travel Medicine: Staying Healthy on Land and on Sea
- Define recommendations for travel abroad.
- Describe CDC’s recommendations for travelers.
- Demonstrate ability to use travel medicine resources such as the CDC site .
- Manage common illnesses associated with travel (Malaria, Motion sickness, viral illnesses).
Update in Type 2 Diabetes
- Identify and utilize the current American Diabetes Association Guidelines for the management of Type 2 Diabetes.
- Describe parameters to treat patients with Type 2 Diabetes.
- Review pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic management of Type 2 Diabetes.
Cardiovascular Disease in Women
- Recognize the differences in presentation and diagnosis of cardiovascular disease in men and women.
- Identify differences in treatment including medication, procedures, and rehabilitation.
- Allergic Rhinitis and Asthma
- Review the definitions and demographics of allergic rhinitis and asthma.
- Assess risk factors and triggers for these conditions.
- Describe and manage pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic management of allergic rhinitis and asthma.
Migraine Headaches: Diagnosis, Management and Coping
- Define common presentations and types of migraine headaches.
- Assess risk factors and triggers for migraines
- Describe and manage pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatments for migraine headaches
So Many Diets-What’s Best? What Works? What’s New?
- Describe basic nutrition requirements
- Describe and discuss benefits and risks of popular diets
- Demonstrate knowledge of the connections between different nutritional benefits and risks and health concerns
Difficult Communication in Palliative Care: Breaking Sad News and Bad News
- Recognize and demonstrate the difficult communication skills that are necessary to deliver sad news and bad news in a careful, compassionate manner.
- Manage common personal emotional reactions to interacting and communicating with patients and family members at end of life.
- Demonstrate and practice new skills to facilitate these communications.
Patient Experience: What do patients desire most in their physician?
- Determine the knowledge of one’s own role and those of other professions to appropriately assess and address the health care needs of patients and to promote and advance the health of populations.
- Recognize qualities patients desire most in their physicians and healthcare providers
- Determine the association between patient experience and excellent communication with safety and outcomes.
- Apply basic communication skills to improve patient experience.
Additional topics under development
Sandra L. Argenio, MD
Department of Family Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Emeritus Staff Member
Faculty Physician and Consultant, Institute for Healthcare Excellence, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Member of the Florida Academy of Family Physicians Continuous Professional Development/ CME Committee
Past President of the FAFP
Jeffrey M. Kagan, MD
Primary Care – Internal Medicine, Newington, Connecticut
Jeffrey Kagan earned two Bachelors’ Degrees: Biology, and Health Sciences, a Masters’ Degree in Physiology, and his MD degree. Prior to medical school he was a Certified Physician Assistant. He completed his residency in Primary Care Internal Medicine.
|1||8 March 2021||Port Tampa Bay||4:00 PM|
|2||9 March 2021||Cruising|
|3||10 March 2021||Cozumel, Mexico||7:00 AM||4:00 PM|
|4||11 March 2021||Cruising|
|5||12 March 2021||Puerto Limon, Costa Rica||10:30 AM||6:30 PM|
|6||13 March 2021||Panama Canal||8:00 AM||8:00 PM|
|7||14 March 2021||Colon, Panama||7:00 AM||5:00 PM|
|8||15 March 2021||Cartagena, Colombia||10:00 AM||5:00 PM|
|9||16 March 2021||Cruising|
|9||17 March 2021||Georgetown, Grand Cayman||7:00 AM||4:00 PM|
|9||18 March 2021||Cruising|
|9||19 March 2021||Port Tampa Bay||8:00 AM|
Celebrity Featured Videos
About This Cruise
Cruise Departs From:
Port Tampa Bay
1101 Channelside Drive
Tampa, FL 33602
About The Ship
“Discover a vacation like no other aboard Celebrity Constellation®. Set sail and experience luxury at every turn. Enjoy unforgettable spaces, world-class amenities, and all of the distinct features that make our cruises so incredible. ”