General Course Fee: $199
Diabetes CME Credit
This program in its entirety provides 5 hours (0.5 CEU) of ACPE CPE home study credit, AMA Category 1 CME, and CNE pharmacology credit.
Course Expiration Date
This program, Advances in the Management of Diabetes, was originally presented and recorded January 25, 2019 at a continuing education conference for health professionals in Bonita Springs, FL.
At the conclusion of this session, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the risks and benefits of psychotropic medications.
- Identify healthcare provider responsibilities to discuss and encourage the long-term use of psychotropic medications when warranted.
- Assess the impact of psychopharmacological direct effects on the patient’s symptoms.
- Evaluate the presence and severity of psychopharmacological side effects.
- Integrate information from the patient on the viability of sustained pharmacological treatment.
- Identify an array of responsive effective strategies from which to choose to enhance patient care using the strategies discussed.
Jennifer M. Trujillo | PharmD, BCPS, CDE, BC-ADM
Associate Professor, University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Dr. Trujillo is a consultant to Sanofi.
- Register online by clicking here.
- Your emailed course confirmation will contain the pertinent information for completing this online learning course.
- Once registered, you may watch our self paced continuing education course on your computer or mobile device.
- Please use the links, included in your emailed confirmation, to download the course handout and complete the course post test and evaluation.
Requirements for Credit
For ACPE, AMA Category 1 Credit or ANCC credit, you must receive a score of 70% or greater on the multiple choice test and and complete the written course evaluation.
Please complete and test and evaluation online. ULS will receive notification of course completion, and will mail your statement of credit.*
*Pharmacists: Please ensure that we have your NABP# and date of birth on file. ACPE does not allow us to provide you with paper Statements of Credit. Should you need a paper statement of credit, you can access that information via CPE Monitor. All other professionals: An applicable paper Statement of Credit will be issued upon receipt of your post-conference paperwork.
Obtaining CE Credit
Once your course is completed and accreditation requirements have been met, ULS will receive notification of course completion, and email your statement of credit (physicians, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, and non-US health professionals), report credit to CPE Monitor (pharmacists) and report credit to other organizations that you specify such as CE Broker. Please provide all necessary reporting information at the time of registration.
Accreditation/ Target Audience
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.
Until AMA Category 1 credit has been confirmed, this course provides five (5) hours of AMA Category 2 credit.
American Osteopathic Association (AOA): This course provides five (5) hours of AMA Category 2 credit.
Members of the College of Family Physicians of Canada CFPC : This course provides five (5) hours of AMA Category 2 credit.
American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA): This course provides five (5) hours of AMA Category 2 credit.
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC): Continuing education hours approved by ACPE meet the ANCC-accredited CNE criteria. This course provides pharmacology/pharmacotherapeutics Category 1 Continuing Education Hours for certification renewal. The same hours submitted to renew certification may be submitted to a State Board of Nursing for re-licensure.
National Certification Corporation (NCC): Recognizes any Nursing, Medical, Health Care or Other For Profit or Not for Profit Education Provider. Please contact NCC regarding approval.
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANPCP): National Certification Program for Nurse Practitioners accepts ACPE credit.
University Learning Systems is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 11409.
University Learning Systems (ULS), is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a Provider of continuing pharmacy education. All ULS courses carry ACPE credit with the designation for pharmacists (P). Online courses are recognized as home study courses by ACPE.
Title: Advances in the Management of Diabetes
Activity Type: Application
CEU: 5 hours
Canadian Council on Continuing Education in Pharmacy (CCCEP) accepts courses accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
Other Health Professionals
Contact your respective board regarding approval.