General Course Fee: $99
Common GI Issues CME Credit
This program in its entirety provides 3 hours (0.3 CEU) of ACPE CPE home study credit, AMA Category 2 CME, and CNE pharmacology credit.
Course Expiration Date
This program, Common GI Issues: Bootcamp for Elevated Liver Function Tests, Colon Cancer Prevention 2020, Understanding and Treating Chronic Diarrhea, was originally presented and recorded September 17, 2020 during a continuing education webinar for health professionals.
At the conclusion of this session, the participant will be able to:
BOOTCAMP FOR ELEVATED LIVER FUNCTION TESTS
- Define Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) and Non Alcoholic Steato Hepatitis (NASH).
- Identify at risk patients and review treatment options.
- Recognize frequently encountered gallbladder and common duct dilemmas.
- Describe what a primary care provider should know about Hepatitis C.
COLON CANCER PREVENTION 2020: Tools for Maximum Success
- Describe the best practices that lead to colon cancer prevention.
- Recognize the pitfalls of colonoscopy screening.
- Identify and compare Fecal Immunochemical Testing (FIT) and Fecal DNA Testing (Cologuard).
- Recognize when we should stop routine screening colonoscopies.
- Describe the importance of Interval Cancer.
UNDERSTANDING AND TREATING CHRONIC DIARRHEA
- Identify the common sources of chronic diarrhea including: Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Pancreatic Insufficiency, Post cholecystectomy diarrhea, Celiac Disease, Microscopic Colitis.
- Manage treatment options.
Peter Buch, M.D., AGAF
Clinical Professor of Medicine, University of Connecticut School of Medicine; Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine, University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine , Coordinator for Internal Medicine Sub-specialties UNECOM/Eastern CT Health Network, Digestive Health Specialists of Eastern Connecticut.
Disclosure: Dr. Buch has NO financial arrangements with any corporate organization that might have an interest in the subject being presented.
- Register online by clicking here.
- Your emailed course confirmation will contain the pertinent information for completing this online learning course.
- Once registered, you may watch our self paced continuing education course on your computer or mobile device.
- Please use the links, included in your emailed confirmation, to download the course handout and complete the course post test and evaluation.
Requirements for Credit
For ACPE, ANCC or AMA Category 2 Credit, you must receive a score of 70% or greater on the multiple choice test and and complete the written course evaluation.
Please complete and test and evaluation online. ULS will receive notification of course completion, and will mail your statement of credit.*
*Pharmacists: Please ensure that we have your NABP# and date of birth on file. ACPE does not allow us to provide you with paper Statements of Credit. Should you need a paper statement of credit, you can access that information via CPE Monitor. All other professionals: An applicable paper Statement of Credit will be issued upon receipt of your post-conference paperwork.
Obtaining CE Credit
Once your course is completed and accreditation requirements have been met, ULS will receive notification of course completion, and email your statement of credit (physicians, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, and non-US health professionals), report credit to CPE Monitor (pharmacists) and report credit to other organizations that you specify such as CE Broker. Please provide all necessary reporting information at the time of registration.
Accreditation/ Target Audience
This course provides three (3) hours of AMA Category 2 credit.
American Osteopathic Association (AOA): This course provides three (3) hours of AMA Category 2 credit.
Members of the College of Family Physicians of Canada CFPC : This course provides three (3) hours of AMA Category 2 credit.
American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA): This course provides three (3) hours of AMA Category 2 credit.
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC): Continuing education hours approved by ACPE meet the ANCC-accredited CNE criteria. This course provides pharmacology/pharmacotherapeutics Category 1 Continuing Education Hours for certification renewal. The same hours submitted to renew certification may be submitted to a State Board of Nursing for re-licensure.
National Certification Corporation (NCC): Recognizes any Nursing, Medical, Health Care or Other For Profit or Not for Profit Education Provider. Please contact NCC regarding approval.
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANPCP): National Certification Program for Nurse Practitioners accepts ACPE credit.
University Learning Systems is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 11409.
University Learning Systems (ULS), is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a Provider of continuing pharmacy education. All ULS courses carry ACPE credit with the designation for pharmacists (P). Online courses are recognized as home study courses by ACPE.
Title: Common GI Issues: Bootcamp for Elevated Liver Function Tests, Colon Cancer Prevention 2020, Understanding and Treating Chronic Diarrhea
Activity Type: Knowledge
CEU: 3 hours
Canadian Council on Continuing Education in Pharmacy (CCCEP) accepts courses accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
Other Health Professionals
Contact your respective board regarding approval.