Conference as low as $675
Hotel as low as $469
Discounted Advanced Registration Expires March 27, 2023
Hyatt Centric Key West Resort & Spa
601 Front Street
Key West, FL 33040
Therapeutic Update 2023 April 27-29, 2023
Join us in Key West at the luxurious Hyatt Centric Key WestResort & Spa. This conference, Primary Care Update 2023 is a popular CE/CME program which provides 15 contact hours (1.5 CEU) of live AAFP/ AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™, ACPE pharmacology CE/ CME credit.
Escape the winter and join us in sunny Florida to get ahead on your medical CME & pharmacy CE over three days, 5 hours per day. With small class sizes and clinical faculty from medical & pharmacy schools, our live Florida CE/ CME is perfect for physicians, pharmacists, physician assistants, nurses & nurse practitioners.
This live CE / CME experience is accredited for MDs, PAs, Pharmacists, NPs and Nurses!
Request a Brochure
PERSON CONFERENCE registration: Includes workshop attendance, handouts, breakfast or refreshments during the meetings and documentation of continuing education credit*.
LIVE STREAM WEBCAST REGISTRATION: Includes live conference streaming, access to online course materials and documentation of continuing education credit*.
*Pharmacists: Please ensure that we have your NABP# and date of birth on file. ACPE does not allow us to provide you with paper Statements of Credit. Should you need a paper statement of credit, you can access that information via CPE Monitor. All other professionals: An applicable paper Statement of Credit will be issued upon receipt of your post-conference paperwork.
Requirements For Credit: Credit is dependent on verification of conference attendance by on-time check-in at each session and ULS receipt of completed evaluations. Credit is determined based on actual attendance on a per session basis, no partial credit is awarded. Note: Approximately one 15 minute break per 2.5 hours. Credited hours do not include breaks.
|Per Person Conference registration||Discounted ADVANCED REGISTRATION
UNTIL MARCH 27, 2023
|3 DAY IN PERSON||$675||$699|
|3 DAY LIVE STREAM||$550|
PHYSICIANS: The AAFP review is planned. AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™ toward the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award. When applying for the AMA PRA, Prescribed credit earned must be reported as Prescribed, not as Category 1. CME programs approved by the AAFP are eligible for Category 2 credit (or Category 1-A under special circumstances) through the American Osteopathic Association (AOA). For all AAFP credit equivalencies and recognition, please see the AAFP Credit System website
CANADIAN PHYSICIANS: Members of the College of Family Physicians of Canada are eligible to receive up to 15 MAINPRO-M1 credits for participation in this activity due to reciprocal agreement with the American Academy of Family Physicians.
PHYSICIAN ASSISTANTS: American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for Prescribed credit from AAFP. Physician assistants may report the number of hours stated above of Category I credit for completing this program.
Target Audience/ Accreditation
PHARMACISTS/PHARMACIST TECHNICIANS: University Learning Systems is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Session 1: 5 Contact Hrs ACPE UAN 0741-0000-23-00x-L01-P, ACTIVITY: Knowledge
Session 2: 5 Contact Hrs ACPE UAN 0741-0000-23-00x-L01-P, ACTIVITY: Knowledge
Session 3: 5 Contact HRs ACPE UAN 0741-0000-23-00x-L01-P, ACTIVITY: TBD
Consultant Pharmacists: Some consultant pharmacist boards accept University Learning Systems courses for recertification either as is or with board approval. Please contact your board regarding course approval and ULS with any questions.
CANADIAN PHARMACISTS: Canadian Council on Continuing Education in Pharmacy (CCCEP) accepts courses accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). This credit is applicable to health professionals who may require pharmacology credit.
Nurse Practitioners/ Nurses: This course provides 15 contact hours (1.5 CEU) over three days, 5 hours per day, to fulfill the pharmacotherapeutics/ pharmacology requirements for American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Category 1 Continuing Education Hours for certification renewal. The same hours submitted to renew certification may be submitted to a State Board of Nursing for re-licensure. American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) accepts formally approved continuing education sponsored by organizations accredited or approved by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). .
Other Health Professionals: Contact your respective board regarding approval.
CE Broker Tracking:#: 50-11357
Thursday, April 27, 2023: 7:30 AM – 8:00 AM Registration & Breakfast, 8:00 AM – 1:30PM Educational Program
New Drug Update Part 1
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Identify recent FDA drug communications, including but not limited to, labeling changes, warnings, new indications, new dosage forms and MedWatch alerts. 2. Discuss the new drugs with respect to their pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, approved and unapproved indications. 3. Describe their adverse effects and drug interaction that may affect patient compliance. 4. Compare efficacy, dosage and cost to existing agents. 5. Discuss the patient oriented outcomes or evidence that may or may not exist for each of the new medications and when they may or may not be appropriate to recommend for selected patients. 6. Compare pharmacotherapy outcomes vs cost/benefit between newly approved agents and existing or lower cost agents.
Friday, April 28, 2023: 7:30 AM – 8:00 AM Registration & Breakfast, 8:00 AM – 1:30PM Educational Program
New Drug Update Part 2
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss the new drugs with respect to their pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, approved and unapproved indications. 2. Describe their adverse effects and drug interaction that may affect patient compliance. 3. Compare efficacy, dosage and cost to existing agents. 4. Discuss the patient oriented outcomes or evidence that may or may not exist for each of the new medications and when they may or may not be appropriate to recommend for selected patients. 5. Compare pharmacotherapy outcomes vs cost/benefit between newly approved agents and existing or lower cost agents.
Saturday, April 29, 2023: 7:30AM – 8:00 AM Registration & Breakfast, 8:00 AM – 1:30PM Educational Program
At the conclusion of this program, the participant will be able to:
|Run of House Room||$469/night|
|Hyatt Centric Key West Resort & Spa
601 Front StreetKey West, FL 33040305 809 1234
|Hotel Web Page||www.keywest.centric.hyatt.com|
|Online Reservations||See Website|
|ULS Group Code||G-ULS1|
|ULS Group Expiration Date||March 27, 2023|
|Discounted Resort Fee||$20.00/night + tax,|
|Parking Fee||Discounted Self $14.50/day
Self Premium–no key required $35/day
|ULS Group Rates||Hotel Rooms and Rates based on Availability and double occupancy.|
|Check In / Check Out||4:00 pm / 11:00 am|
|Jala Spa||10% discount on pre-booked services|
Advance written notice is required for any refund consideration.
- Up to the Advanced Registration Deadline: Cancellations are subject to a $50 processing fee per person or you may apply your full registration one time to another program attended within 12 months.
- After Advanced Registration Deadline: No refunds, although conference registration less $50 processing fee may be applied one time to another program attended within 12 months.
- Two weeks before the start of the conference: No refunds or application of registration to another program for cancellation, nonappearance or partial attendance. No refunds due to airline delays or cancellation of flights. With the exception of Canada, we offer no international refunds. Refunds processed by original form of payment or by check only. Refunds may take 2-4 weeks to process after notification of cancellation.
Physically Impaired: If you have impairments that require assistance in order to participate in this conference, please contact us so that we may make arrangements to assist you.